Saturday, May 3, 2008

Social Support

Definition:

Social support is the physical and emotional comfort given to us by our family, friends, co-workers and others. It is knowing that we are part of a community of people who love and care for us, and value and think well of us.

The best way to get results is to get like-minded people together to help each other.

There's strength in numbers.

My clients get better results when they can bounce ideas and results off of each other.

And they can support and help each other.

We can start building our own little community and learning from each other's successes and struggles.

That is why I am encouraging everyone to start an online fitness journal.

You can have a free account on blogger.

We can really build a great community together.

You can read my journal at: http://turtleislandhouse.blogspot.com/

Have a great day

Want more, do more, BE more,

~Luke

PS - Another way to get plenty of social support is to join in a group fitness or nutrition class.

Like my Morning Blast bootcamp or the Metabolism Makeover program....

Here's what Davisa Fogel has to say about the Metabolism Makeover:

“After several attempts at fad diets...the weight was not coming off.”

“I joined the gym after several attempts at “fad diets” thinking “this should do it.” I worked out faithfully each week and was full of determination but the weight was just not coming off. As soon as the Metabolism Makeover course became available, I thought, “Why not!”

The 12-week experience has been the start of a new way of life for me. Upon completion, I lost a total of 16 pounds and over 8 inches in my waist, hips and thighs. I feel confident that I will continue with my success.

The Metabolism Makeover program has taught me to construct my diet to be more health conscious, but still be able to enjoy a variety of everyday foods without the typical “diet” plan”

No comments: