Thursday, May 1, 2008

Handstand Pushups


Good Afternoon Everyone!


One night I was still here at the gym around three in the morning.


Someone sent an email asking how to do a handstand pushup.


Simple.


Face the wall in a sprinter's stance.


Kick your legs up until they hit the wall.


Bend your elbows until your head touches the floor.


Push yourself back up.


Easy Peasy.


Here's a video of me doing handstand pushups:


(Now remember I was here by myself in the middle of the night, that's why I was the cameraman...)





One of those many irons we've got in the fire is a Handstand Pushup video and manual.


Step-by-step how to take you from zero reps to banging them out.


Handstand pushups build world-class functional strength.


I hear all the time that "Handstand Pushups are just too HARD."


They're not "too hard."


Difficult, maybe. But not too difficult.


If you're willing to work, I can teach you.


Of course, our first step might be to lose a little bit of excess tummy....


(Can anyone help me out with a funny and interesting segue here?)


Tonight I'll be speaking to the Capital City Volleyball Club's younger teams about the importance of strength and conditioning.


Hopefully they will realize that it is up to them to do the extra work that is needed to become a champion.


Remember that the Metabolism Makeover program starts in just over a week, and that there will be THREE morning bootcamps starting at the end of the month.


Today is the day to start!


Want more, do more, BE more,


~Luke


PS- "In just 12 weeks I went from a size 12 to a size 8. I lost an inch in my waist and two inches in my thighs."


Here's what Rose Huffine has to say about the Metabolism Makeover program:

“I can’t praise Metabolism Makeover Program enough. My results just amaze me. Since I turned 50, I hated the way I looked. I was in a size 12 pants and was wearing size “large” shirts. For me that was too big, I saw no end in sight. I tried to loose the weight and tone up by myself with no results. I thought eating just one meal a day would help. I didn’t know I was setting myself up for failure.


The Metabolism Makeover opened my eyes and taught me the right way to have the body I so badly desired. In just 12 weeks I went from a size 12 to a size 8. I lost an inch in my waist and two inches in my thighs. I have learned how to eat correctly by eating several small balanced meals during the day.


My husband just cannot believe how much better I look and feel about myself. Now that’s a great feeling. I walk with my head up high and I am having fun buying fun new clothes. I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF. That’s a great feeling.


Thanks for being there for me and helping me achieve my dreams.”

No comments: